Mold and mildew can lead to a series of illnesses which is why the existence is so dangerous. Mildew can cause symptoms that vaguely resemble the flu and will lead to respiratory problems, nasal congestion, a sore throat, a persistent cough, and sinusitis and skin irritations. Mildew spores are very minute and can be inhaled through the lungs of the quite easily. This why it is very UNSAFE to live in a house or apartment with mold in it. Even if the mold is dead it can still be dangerous which is why it is important to kill it as quickly as possible. The best way to find mildew and mild is to see it. If you can’t then you have to try and smell it. Children of all ages are affected by mildew and mold. Though testing should be the first step it can be very expensive and costly so try and find it yourself it’s always best to try and solve the problem on your own. You can look for mildew and mold on organic materials, such as paper left in the home, dirt in and around the home, wooden walls and columns and mildew loves soap scum so you can find it easily in your bathroom. The best solution to mildew is prevention, once any areas in your home becomes wet try and dry it immediately as the mildew will begin to develop and it can be even more difficult to remove the mildew. In the home look in wet or damp walls, wet carpeting and materials especially in a basement, under kitchen and bathroom cabinets and to the rear of base board.
Removing mildew and mold on your own you will first need to acquire the following tools:
- A face mask or respirator to prevent inhalation of mildew and mold spores. (N95 is best)
- Eye protective goggles
- Strong rubber gloves
- Old clothes that can be thrown away after.
- A large and hard scrubbing brush
- A bottle of bleach
- A large bottle of Clorox Outdoors
- A large garbage bag that is good quality.
NB – Though most people say that the mildew can be killed with bleach, it cant it will actually make the mildew and mold invisible and not kill it the bio Clorox outdoors will kill the mold and mildew at the root.
Steps on How to Remove Mildew and Mold
- Put on your protection and open as much doors and windows as possible.
- Spray the mold with bleach to dampen and prevent the mold spores from going airborne
- Wait for a few minute then spray the mildew and mold with the Clorox outdoors to kill it.
- Begin to scrub the mold thoroughly until completely removed.
- Next spray the area with the Clorox outdoors again and scrub the area again.
- If there is mildew and mold on old paper, drywalls and wet carpet padding throw these in your garbage bag.
- Once done use a wet rag with water to clean the surface then use a dry larger rag to dry the area immediately.
- Ensure that you use a fan or open air ventilation to dry the surface quickly.
- Remove clothing and other protective gear and DISCARD.
- Leave your windows and doors open and check frequently to make sure the surface dries quickly.
Though this is key in removing the mold you can prevent it coming back by using air filters, it is important however to check regularly for mildew and mold and clean it up as soon as possible.
TRY ONE OF OUR RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
- How can I remove mildew from clothes? Before you read the answer to the question, you...
- How do I clean hard water spots from my shower? Hard water spots are a constant annoyance to everyone....
- How To Care Cut Flowers – The Step By Step Guide SPECIAL OFFERS FOR FREE! In order to care for...
- What is the best way to kill weeds in your garden? There are various methods of removing the lawn weeds...
- Vegetable Garden Tips We would like to bring you the best tips in...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.